23 June 2007

First Day!

Well, the past couple of days have been a whirlwind. I still can´t believe that I´m here. This country is beautiful and the people are just as wonderful. However, the traveling part is not so wonderful. 12 hours on a plane and about 20 hours total in airports is not my favorite way to spend time. My host family here is so great. They are the kindest people in the world and are so welcoming to all of us. I live one mile from temple! It´s amazing. I went to a ward party today and the people kept trying to feed me the whole time. I think that this is a glimpse of things to come. The people in the ward are so great, and the Bishop knows where Allen is! The sister missionaries are so nice and Sister Paulo even told me that I speak like a Brazilian. That was a great compliment. The party was like a hillbilly type theme. the people dressed like they were from the Northeast. it was great. Well, time´s up. More to come later!

Tchau!

1 comment:

  1. that is exciting! do you have pictures? i want to see pictures...

    you can be grateful for one thing though laura...so my cousin is going to paris for byu summer study abroad, and she got stuck in new york for 20 hours....ugh!

    and how did the packing go? ;)

    ReplyDelete