03 November 2009

When I was on my mission we talked continually about finding "them that will receive you," meaning, that we needed to find those who were ready and prepared to accept the gospel. The Lord's way is not coercion, but is patience. He knows who is ready and it is our responsibility (yes, us, the regular Joes) to find them. I love the beginning passages of Doctrine and Covenants 42. It talks all about missionary work. I have read through those words many times and they often brought me comfort. The Lord talks about His missionaries going forth and talking "as with the sound of a trump."

He also talks about the importance of the Spirit. If there is one thing that I have learned, it is the importance of listening to the Spirit and not relying on my own knowledge to guide me through life. With the "prayer of faith" the Spirit comes and we can be guided in all that we do. It is with faith that all things are possible, but it is not an easy thing to have that kind of faith. It takes time and patience and growth.

Right now I've been put into a difficult situation of trying to decide between two really good employment opportunities. I have been spending the past week thinking a lot about what I should do. I think I've thought about it from pretty much every angle and I'm still not sure about what I should do. However, I know that the Lord will help me. He always does. I just need to have the faith to hear what He wants me to, rather than what I want to hear.

I am humbled to know that I have a Father who is concerned about my life, who knows what I am feeling and who wants to help. I may not have all of the answers, but that's okay. I don't need to know everything. I just need to have faith.

No comments:

Post a Comment