14 August 2012

Airports

The past week has been an absolute whirlwind. Here's a synopsis of things I did:

-Wrapped up all my projects at work...mostly
-Trained my replacement....mostly
-Quit my job
-Went to the doctor (the levels are much better and I may be able to start eating normal food again!!! [even though I already am for the next week, huzzah!])
-Played volleyball
-Played volleyball
-Played volleyball
-Played volleyball
-My forearms got really bruised from playing volleyball...It looks a little sketchy.
-Went swimming
-Bonfire
-Moved
-Cleaned, with no AC. Yep. It got up to 85 degrees. That was amazing...
-Took a walk in my favorite place in Provo
-Assembled a dresser by myself, using an awl for the first time last night around 1:30 a.m. (that was fun)
-Started my new job in the newsroom, copyedited yesterday, did the layout for the sports section for tomorrow's paper. Check it out. I'm sure it will look completely different from what I started with...(Loving my new job in the newsroom, ps. It's going to be amazing. I feel like I'm in His Girl Friday the whole time I'm there.)
-Changed my address
-Went up to Salt Lake to hang out with my dear friend Allison, who just moved from Boston and is on her way to Seattle. So good to see you, Al!
-Slept in my new room for the first time
-Started breaking in my new mattress, which I love
-Played with my roommate's dog, Kaya. She's gorgeous.
-My stake was split and now I'm in a completely new ward....It should be an adventure.
-Went to multiple wedding receptions then up to Centerville for a ward activity including a giant slip and slide
-Drove to the airport twice
-Received an adorable knit penguin from my dear friend Emily. It's keeping my nightstand company while I'm gone.
-Made it to the airport and now I'm on my way to Boston to see Bruce Springsteen!!! I have been having a hard time keeping my excitement in check. One more day!

That about sums it up. I'll be back east for about a week. I'll let you know how the adventure goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment